This evaluation of the Argentine margin fully investigates the structural and tectonic evolution of the region from early basin rifting to the complete rifting of the South Atlantic. It also evaluates the impact this had on source rock deposition, preservation and maturity within the offshore basins.
Getech’s unique gravity and magnetic databases were used to generate a structural framework and crustal architecture interpretation, which was then integrated with Getech’s Global Plate Model. The tectonostratigraphic evolution of the margin provides answers to the key issues of source, reservoir and seal distribution. The 1D basin modelling of the source rocks within the basins provides insight into source rock maturity.
Evaluating the timing and geometry of basin development and examining how these have impacted the developing petroleum system play elements are key to achieving exploration success in this frontier region.
- Technical reports in PDF format with extensive figures and tables
- An Esri ArcGIS MXD project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Plate tectonic model (PaleoGIS and GPlates formats) and plate animations (.mov formats)
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
- Images of Getech’s gravity and magnetic data
- 1:1 million scale structural framework, which is fully attributed with fault activation histories and is based on gravity, magnetic, SRTM and Landsat data
- Basin evolution histories
- 2D gravity and magnetic profile models
- Crustal architecture
- Depth-to-basement, depth-to-Moho, sediment thickness, crustal thickness and beta-factor maps and grids
- New regional plate model (GPlates and PaleoGIS formats and animations)
- Reference database of published maps, point data, reports and profile lines
- Regional source rock review
- Stratigraphic lexicon per basin
- 1D source rock maturity modelling along the margin
- Chronostratigraphic charts per basin
- Petroleum systems basin summary documents