Myanmar is one of oldest hydrocarbon producers in the world and, after the ending of recent sanctions, it is receiving renewed interest from hydrocarbon explorers.
Getech’s new Structural and Geological Evolution of Myanmar Regional Report will map the structural framework and crustal architecture in order to better constrain the tectonic history and landscape evolution of the wider region; high-resolution palaeogeographic mapping of seven key timeslices will enable an assessment of the palaeodrainage history of the region and its influence on the distribution of sediments.
Key to understanding the prospectivity of Myanmar is knowledge of the tectonic history of the region and the impact of this on drainage evolution. Knowing the likely provenance of reservoir forming sediments will enhance your understanding of the region’s reservoir properties and quality.
- Technical report with extensive figures and tables
- An ArcGIS™ mxd project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Plate tectonic model (PaleoGIS and GPlates formats)
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
- Images of Getech’s gravity and magnetic data
- Seven 2D gravity profile models
- 1:1 million scale structural framework with linked activation histories
- Crustal architecture with maps and grids of depth-to-basement, depth-to-Moho, sediment and crustal thickness and beta factor maps and grids
- Regional plate model (GPlates and PalaeoGIS formats and animations)
- Basin evolution histories for twelve key basins
- 1:5 million scale palaeogeographic maps and palaeolandscape models for seven key timeslices.
- Palaeodrainage evolution and sediment provenance overview.
If this Regional Report is of interest then you may also wish to know more about the following Getech products: