This evaluation of the Southern African margin fully investigates the structural and tectonic evolution during the opening of the South Atlantic, and discusses the impact of the evolving landscape of the hinterland on the stratigraphic framework and petroleum potential of the region
Getech’s unique gravity and magnetic databases are used to generate a structural framework and crustal architecture interpretation, integrated with Getech’s Global plate model.
The tectonostratigraphic evolution of the margin provides answers to the key issues of source, reservoir and seal presence and quality. 1D basin modelling looks at the source rock maturity and expulsion within each basin. Identified plays within the basins are illustrated with facies maps, play cartoons and play distribution maps.
Key to exploring in this frontier region is to evaluate the timing and geometry of basin development and how this has impacted the developing petroleum system play elements.
- Technical reports in PDF format with extensive figures and tables
- An Esri ArcGIS MXD project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Plate tectonic model (PaleoGIS and GPlates formats) and plate animations (.mov formats)
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
- Images of Getech’s gravity and magnetic data
- Fully attributed structural framework, based on gravity, magnetic, SRTM and Landsat data
- Basin evolution histories
- 2D gravity and magnetic profile models
- Crustal architecture
- Depth-to-basement, depth-to-Moho, sediment and crustal thickness, and beta-factor maps and grids
- Regional plate model (GPlates and PaleoGIS formats and animations)
- Reference database of published maps, point data, reports and profile lines
- Chronostratigraphic charts
- 1D Basin modelling
- Petroleum systems analysis and stratigraphic lexicon
- Well correlations
- Composite geoseismic lines
- Gross Depositional Environment maps for key reservoirs and source rocks