The Tectonics and Source Rock Potential of the Southern Caribbean Margin Regional Report will provide New Ventures explorationists with the structural and tectonic understanding on which they can base more focussed exploration.
The report examines and tests the radically different plate models that have been proposed for the Caribbean in order to assess which model best fits observations in northern Colombia and Venezuela. These observations include a new structural framework (interpreted from Getech’s extensive gravity and magnetic databases), structural modelling of the margin, and a redefinition of the crustal architecture and depth-to-basement. The report also examines how insights from our structural mapping and plate modelling impact models for the deposition, preservation and maturation of Late Cretaceous and Cenozoic source rocks.
“…tests the radically different plate models that have been proposed for the Caribbean…”
Getech’s Tectonics and Source Rock Potential of the Southern Caribbean Margin Regional Report is available now.
- Technical report with extensive figures and tables
- An Esri ArcGIS™ MXD project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Plate tectonic model (PaleoGIS and GPlates formats) and plate animations (.mov format)
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
- Images of Getech’s gravity and magnetic data.
- Seven 2D gravity and magnetic profile models
- Crustal architecture
- Fully-attributed structural framework with fault activation histories
- Depth-to-basement, depth-to-Moho, sediment and crustal thickness, and beta-factor maps and grids
- Regional plate models (GPlates and PaleoGIS formats)
- Rotated plate polygons and structural elements for key restorations
- Plate model animations
- 1D source rock maturity modelling