This evaluation of the European conjugate North Atlantic margin fully investigates the structural and tectonic evolution during the phased opening of the North Atlantic and discusses the impact on the petroleum potential of the region.
Getech’s unique gravity and magnetic databases are used to generate a structural framework and crustal architecture interpretation, integrated with Getech’s Global plate model. The tectonostratigraphic evolution of the margin provides answers to the key issues of source, reservoir and seal presence and quality. Identified plays within the basins are illustrated with gross depositional environment (GDE) maps, play cartoons and play distribution maps.
Key to exploring in this frontier region is to evaluate the timing and geometry of basin development and how this has impacted the developing petroleum system play elements.
- Technical reports in PDF format with extensive figures and tables
- An Esri ArcGIS MXD project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Plate tectonic model (PaleoGIS and GPlates formats) and plate animations (.mov formats)
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
- Images of Getech’s gravity and magnetic data
- 1:1 million scale structural framework, fully attributed with fault activation histories, based on gravity, magnetic, SRTM and Landsat data
- Basin evolution histories
- 2D gravity and magnetic profile models
- Crustal architecture
- Depth-to-basement, depth-to-Moho, sediment and crustal thickness, and beta-factor maps and grids
- New regional plate model (GPlates and PaleoGIS formats and animations)
- Reference database of published maps, point data, reports and profile lines
- Regional source rock evaluation
- Petroleum systems analysis and stratigraphic lexicon for key basins
- Gross Depositional Environment maps for key reservoirs and source rocks