Attractive opportunities for exploration are now available for onshore and offshore Mexico. Getech’s new Regional Report utilises our unique high-resolution magnetic data and Globe (our flagship New Ventures platform) to generate a structural framework and tectonic analysis of the region.
Recent research into passive and transform margin development, together with the latest interpretations of oceanic fracture zone geometries in the Gulf of Mexico, are incorporated into an assessment of the hydrocarbon prospectivity of the Sabinas, Burgos-Rio Grande, Tampico-Misantla, Salinas-Sureste and Veracruz Basins.
The report also includes insights into the southward extension of the unconventional shale gas Eagle Ford Play in the Maverick Basin.
“Attractive opportunities for exploration are now available for onshore and offshore Mexico.”
Getech’s Tectonic Evolution of Mexico Regional Report was completed in March 2015 and is now available for immediate delivery.
- Technical report with extensive figures and tables
- An ArcGIS™ mxd project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Plate tectonic model (PaleoGIS and GPlates formats)
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
- Grids and images of magnetic data
- 2D potential field profile models
- Fully attributed structural framework with fault activation histories
- Crustal architecture with maps and grids of depth-to-basement, depth-to-Moho, sediment thickness, crustal thickness and beta factor
- New plate tectonic model