Getech’s Petroleum Systems of Southern Indochina is one of four integrated reports for the Indochinese Peninsula.
Each report builds on Getech’s unique global gravity and magnetic data to underpin a re-evaluation of the structural development, and implications for the tectonic development, of the region. This forms the basis for the mapping of seven key palaeogeographic timeslices, which, when combined with analysis of Present Day drainage, enables new insights into both landscape evolution and its impact on sediment dispersal. The reports also contain reviews of the geochemical literature and new geochemical modelling. Utilisation of this workflow has generated new insights into the petroleum systems for each study area.
In the Petroleum Systems of Southern Indochina, Getech examines the consequences on the structural framework of the region due to the opening of the South China Sea and the rotation of Indochina. We also examine the main drainage features that have had influence on the offshore basins, the main source and reservoir horizons for the offshore basins, and the overall risks and potential of the hydrocarbon basins studied.
“…examines the consequences on the structural framework of the region due to the opening of the South China Sea and the rotation of Indochina.”
- 382 page report with 256 figures and tables
- Six enclosures
- An ArcGIS™ mxd project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Geochemical model inputs
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
This Regional Report investigates…
…how the kinematics of rotation of the Indochina Plate and the opening of the South China Sea have influenced the evolution of the Cuu Long, Nam Con Son and Tonle Sap Basins.
…the relative importance and timings of the palaeo-Mekong and short-headed rivers for supply of clastic reservoir sediments to the basins of southern Indochina.
…the variation of source rock facies in the Cuu Long and Nam Con Son Basins, and the affect this has on hydrocarbon occurrence.
…reservoir development, including the controls on basement reservoirs.
…the surprising geometry of the Tonle Sap Basin as derived from magnetic data.
- Executive Summary and Introduction
- Structure and Tectonics
- Palaeogeographic Mapping
- Middle Miocene
- Late Oligocene
- Middle Eocene
- Late Paleocene
- Drainage Analysis
- Petroleum Systems Analysis
- Tonle Sap Basin
- Cuu Long Basin
- Nam Con Son Basin
- Petroleum Geochemistry, including discussion of four 1D geochemical models
- Conclusions and Appendices
- Cultural data
- Sedimentary basins and sub-basinal features
- Well, outcrop, field and block locations
- Images of gravity and magnetic data, derivatives and transforms
- Topography and bathymetry
- Risk analysis
For each timeslice (Middle Miocene, Late Oligocene, Middle Eocene, Late Paleocene, Hauterivian, Norian, Wordian):
- Rotated cultural data
- Rotated structural elements and tectonic plates
- Rotated published data points pertinent to the timeslice
- Palaeorivers and lakes, rotated Present Day drainage
- Palaeotectonostratigraphic terrains and palaeogross depositional environments
- Modelled palaeotopography and palaeobathymetry
If this Regional Report is of interest then you may also wish to know more about the following Getech products: