Getech’s Petroleum Systems of Offshore East Vietnam is one of four integrated reports for the Indochinese Peninsula.
Each report builds on Getech’s unique global gravity and magnetic data to underpin a re-evaluation of the structural development, and implications for the tectonic development, of the region. This forms the basis for the mapping of seven key palaeogeographic timeslices, which, when combined with analysis of Present Day drainage, enables new insights into both landscape evolution and its impact on sediment dispersal. The reports also contain reviews of the geochemical literature and new geochemical modelling. Utilisation of this workflow has generated new insights into the petroleum systems for each study area.
In the Petroleum Systems of Offshore East Vietnam, Getech has examined the kinematics of the South China Sea opening (including a new model for the development of the Song Hong Basin), the evolution of the Red River and the Mekong, and the main risks for hydrocarbon exploration in the Song Hong, Phu Khan and Beibu Gulf Basins, including carbon dioxide development.
“…a new model for the development of the Song Hong Basin…”
- 340 page report with 220 figures and tables
- Four enclosures
- An ArcGIS™ mxd project and geodatabase v10.x (earlier versions available on request)
- Geochemical model inputs
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
This Regional Report investigates…
…how the kinematics of the opening of the South China Sea and rotation of the Indochina Plate have impacted on the evolution of the Song Hong Basin.
…the evolution of the Red River and the Mekong and the impact their evolution had on sedimentation in, respectively, the Song Hong and Phu Khan Basins.
…source rock facies variation and the interplay between this and thermal influences on the potential for the occurrence of gas in the study area.
…the risks and causes of carbon dioxide generation.
…controls on the distribution and effectiveness of reservoir horizons. How important are basement plays?
…the locations and reasons for areas of high and low exploration risk.
- Executive Summary and Introduction
- Structure and Tectonics
- Palaeogeographic Mapping
- Middle Miocene
- Late Oligocene
- Middle Eocene
- Late Paleocene
- Drainage Analysis
- Petroleum Systems Analysis
- Beibu Gulf Basin
- Song Hong Basin
- Phu Khan Basin
- Petroleum Geochemistry, including discussion of three 1D geochemical models
- References and Appendices
- Cultural data
- Sedimentary basins and sub-basinal features
- Well, outcrop, field and block locations
- Images of gravity and magnetic data, derivatives and transforms
- Intrusive/extrusive igneous occurrences
- Various maps illustrating aspects of the petroleum geology of the basins covered by this report
- Topography and bathymetry
- Risk analysis
For each timeslice (Middle Miocene, Late Oligocene, Middle Eocene, Late Paleocene, Hauterivian, Norian, Wordian):
- Rotated cultural data
- Rotated structural elements and tectonic plates
- Rotated published data points pertinent to the timeslice
- Palaeorivers and lakes, rotated Present Day drainage
- Palaeotectonostratigraphic terrains and palaeogross depositional environments
- Modelled palaeotopography and palaeobathymetry
If this Regional Report is of interest then you may also wish to know more about the following Getech products: