This report is an essential tool for companies seeking to understand the hydrocarbon prospectivity of the fascinating marginal basins of western India, including the offshore Indus Basin.
The foundation of the report is Getech’s unique global gravity and magnetic data and the Structure and Tectonics of Southern Asia Report (which includes a new regional plate model for Gondwanan breakup and the northward migration of the Indian plate). This forms the basis for the mapping of eight critical palaeogeographic maps and palaeolandscape models which, when combined with an analysis of Present Day drainage, enables a review of the landscape evolution and sediment dispersal patterns. This allows new insights into the petroleum systems of the western margin of India.
“… an essential tool for companies seeking to understand the hydrocarbon prospectivity of western India…”
- 782 page report with 427 figures and tables (hardcopy and PDF)
- Five enclosures (PDF)
- ArcGIS™ projects for each of eight timeslices plus one for the Present Day
- Geochemical model inputs
All products supplied subject to our standard Licence Agreement (available on request).
This Regional Report investigates…
…how structural trends in the Indian Shield have influenced Gondwana’s breakup.
…the affect of uplift in the Western Ghats and emplacement of Deccan Volcanics on drainage evolution.
…exploration risk in Mesozoic petroleum systems.
…extension of Cenozoic petroleum systems beyond the Mumbai Basin.
…sub-Deccan petroleum systems.
- Executive Summary and Introduction
- Structure and Tectonics
- Palaeoclimatology and Palaeoceanography
- Drainage and Landscape Analysis
- Petroleum Geochemistry, including 69 1D geochemical models
- Petroleum System Evaluation:
- Offshore Indus Basin
- Kutch Basin
- Mumbai Basin
- Konkan-Kerala Basin
- Conclusions and Appendices
- Cultural data
- Sedimentary basins and sub-basinal features
- Well, outcrop, field and block locations
- Seismic and cross-section locations
- Images of gravity and magnetic data, derivatives and transforms
- Structures and plate polygons
- 20 chronostratigraphic profile, cross-section and play cartoon locations hyperlinked to PDFs
- Isopachs and other sedimentary features
- 69 1D geochemical model locations
- Maps illustrating geochemical modelling results
- Rivers and drainage basins
- Topography and bathymetry
For each timeslice (Artinskian, Tithonian, Aptian, Campanian, Thanetian, Lutetian, Chattian and Serravallian):
- Rotated cultural data
- Rotated structural elements and plate polygons
- Rotated published line and point data pertinent to the timeslice
- Palaeorivers and lakes
- Palaeotectonostratigraphic terrains and palaeogross depositional environments
- Modelled palaeotopography and palaeobathymetry
If this Regional Report is of interest then you may also wish to know more about the following Getech products: