Getech Group plc, a leading independent exploration consultancy is looking to hire a graduate level geologist with a strong analytical and problem-solving skills to join our Globe team.
Globe is Getech’s flagship exploration knowledge-base, an ArcGIS-based tool comprising global structural elements, crustal architecture, plate model, depth-to-basement, palaeogeographic reconstructions and Earth System Models.
Joining a large multidisciplinary team, initial work will involve building palaeogeographic and palaeosurface geology reconstructions. The role will suit a geology graduate with knowledge or interest in depositional and tectonic systems, as well as source-to-sink relationships.
The role, reporting to the Head of Geoscience Information Products, will include:
• Researching, collation and Interpretation of a variety of multi-disciplinary geological data
• Establishing the tectonostratigraphic evolution of a region; mapping its depositional systems and tectonophysiographic features; and reconstructing the geology of the relevant palaeosurfaces, often in data constrained areas
• Drafting and attributing of maps in ArcGIS
• Building geological databases
• Assisting the Project Manager in creating technical materials and participating in project meetings
Core Skills and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• A passion for technical problem solving
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in order to meet project deadlines
• A positive and flexible manner
• A team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to command the respect of colleagues and clients
• Knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro)
This full-time role is based at our office in Leeds, UK. We offer a competitive salary and excellent staff benefits, including 26 days holiday and flexitime.
To apply please email a covering letter, along with your CV quoting ref GEOL1911 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Thursday December 12th at 12 noon.
Only applicants with a right to work in the UK will be considered.